Last weekend Pastor Brandon Sales taught us about finding balance with our “Martha hands” and “Mary heart.” You can view the sermon notes by clicking http://www.lighthousehome.org/images/beth_graphics/SermonOutline_9_30_1.pdf, and here are a few questions that Pastor Brandon gave me to share with home groups that have sermon discussions during their time together:
- What are some initial thoughts you had on the scripture discussed (Luke 10:38-42)? What stuck out? What questions do you have?
- Who do you most identify with from the story: Mary or Martha? Why?
- What things going on in your life bring anxiety to your heart and mind? Why?
- When you feel anxious, what things do you run to for help (besides God)?
- What are some of your biggest struggles when it comes to making time to “sit at the feet” of Jesus regularly and what can you do to help get through those struggles?
Just a reminder that this weekend is Milestone weekend. During your home group time together next week, share some of your own milestone stories. How is God working in your life right now? In the lives of those around you or in your community? Share a time that you overcame a large milestone in your life and the ways that Jesus was there for you during that time.